Culinary mysteries


Cooking is often referred to as an art, a statement that I fully agree with, but while I love and practice artistic techniques daily, food is a medium that continues to elude me. I'm told constantly that all I need to do is evaluate the ingredients available to me, be creative, and start throwing them together. For me, this resulted in an idea involving macaroni, cheese, and pickles which earned me an ear full of guff about how I'm not even trying. I don't know, I guess I just had a craving for pickles. That highlights the problem for me though, my brain does not easily connect the dots when it comes to taste transformation and blending. I do know what I like however, the cool crispy taste of fresh vegetables! What happens after the point of this photograph though is beyond me. 

1 comment: